Robert Michael Estate Agents are residential letting specialists and independent estate agents. The team at Robert Michael have developed an excellent reputation with both landlords and tenants due to the level of service that is provided.

If you are looking for a property to let now or in the near future please do get in touch and we can register you onto our database and keep you informed of any suitable properties.

Please note, to secure a property the application fee of £195.00 for a single application or £295 for a joint is payable immediately to take the property off the market. (See table below) On successfully completion of the referencing checks a move in date will be agreed and your deposit (which is normally 1.5 x one month’s rent -  for example if the rent is £800per month the deposit would be £1200) plus the first month’s rent must be paid prior to the agreed date of the commencement of your tenancy..

Below is a list of our tenancy fees;

Application Fee£195.00This covers lead applicant only
Additional Applicant£100.00  Applicable for each additional applicant
Guarantor Fee£50.00If a guarantor is required this fee will become applicable
Permitted Occupier£50.00Should someone over the age of 18 move in after the tenancy has begun this will be applicable
Tenancy Renewal Fee  £72.00Applicable when a tenancy is renewed or continued into a periodic contract.

All fees include VAT

Below are some common questions and answers which will help you;

What does referencing involve?

It is normal practice for letting agents to check your suitability to rent the property, and we therefore take this seriously. We outsource all our referencing via Rentshield Direct. You will be required to complete a full application on-line via their platform; this will include a credit check, employment and current/previous landlord reference. We have a legal requirement to confirm your right to live and work in the UK and we will seek proof of your identity and that of anyone living with you. If you do have any credit issues or there is any other information that may affect you passing our referencing procedure, it is best to tell us straight away as we may still be able to help.

Why do I need a guarantor?

Some landlords might ask for a guarantor if they are not satisfied your earnings are quite enough to cover the rent or if you have previous credit issues. This is not uncommon and you should not be concerned. You must choose someone to be your guarantor who lives and works in the UK and can cover your rental commitment in the event of a default. The same reference checks are then carried out for your guarantor.

Why should I pay a Tenancy Deposit?

A tenancy deposit is required by your landlord to protect their property against any damage you might cause during your tenancy. They can only charge for any cleaning, damage or issue that goes above normal wear and tear and this will be assessed at the end of your tenancy, using the inventory previously agreed with yourself on commencement of the tenancy. Similarly, the deposit can be held against non-payment of rent.

What is the tenancy agreement?

This is a legal document that states the precise terms and conditions of the tenancy and is designed to protect both you and the landlord. Robert Michael can draw up bespoke tenancy agreements to include specific requirements.

What happens if repairs are required?

If you feel there is a problem that needs fixing, an appliance to be repaired or general maintenance work that is due on a property that we manage, you should contact us immediately. We will inform your landlord and, if necessary, liaise with one of our nominated contractors to complete the work. Please be aware that if you cause damage you will usually be required to cover the cost of repairing it.

Can my landlord enter the property?

In normal circumstances sufficient notice will be given by either the Landlord or their nominated managing agent to enter the property. However in the case of an emergency, such as a burst pipe access is permitted.

What are my responsibilities?

By signing a tenancy agreement, you are agreeing to abide by all the terms contained within it. The most common duties you must perform as a tenant are to pay your rent on time, pay household bills without delay, report any damages you notice and maintain the cleanliness of the property.

Am I responsible for insurance?

An appropriate contents insurance policy to the value of the possessions you are bringing into the property will be required. However it is advisable to have a specialist insurance which covers both your own belongings and those of the landlords against accidental damage caused by you.

Can my landlord increase the rent?

Your landlord must enter into a period of negotiations with you and we will be happy to mediate at this time to help find a satisfactory outcome, but rent can only be increased once in a twelve month period.

Can I extend my lease at a property?

Once the initial fixed term has come to an end, it is often possible to renew it so you can continue living at a property. As the term comes into its final months we will contact you to discuss and advise on your landlord's willingness to extend your stay.

What happens when I want to move out?

A period of notice will be set out in your tenancy agreement and you must give this when you intend to leave. Providing you follow this, it is easy to move out of a property, as long as you respect the timescales and procedures that are in place. You should tell us as soon as you have decided to move out and we will advise on your next steps.

When will my tenancy deposit be returned?

When you move out we will conduct a check-out service against your inventory, any anomalies will be reported to both you and the landlord. Your deposit will then be returned in accordance with the Deposit Protection Scheme, less any deductions.